Rostbratwursts in root brew with Kren (horse radish)
For 4 persons
1 litre water
1/8 litre white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
5 pepper berries
2 juniper berries
2 whole cloves
2 bay leafs
20 pieces Rostbratwursts
1 small celery root
1 parsley root
Some fresh grated Kren (horse radish)
- For the brew boil the water up with vinegar, salt, and spices in a pot.
- Peel the onions, carrots, parsley root and celery, wash the leek.
- Cut the onions and the leek into slices, sliver the carrots, parsley root and the celery
- Put the vegetables into the brew and let it boil for 5 minutes. Than add the Rostbratwursts and let it steep for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Rostbratwursts in the root brew with grated Kren (horse radish) and serve it with farmhouse bread