For 4 persons
3 medium sized potatoes
1 small clove of garlic
80 ml cream
100 ml milk
2 tablespoons grated hard cheese
2 twigs of thyme
butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and slice into thin slices.
- Cut the Rostbratwursts into slices and layer them alternating with the potatoes into a buttered baking dish.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces, mix it with milk and cream, flavour the mixture with salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Pour the mixture over the potato- and Bratwurst slices.
- Finally sprinkle the hard cheese over it and bake it for 40 minutes at 180°C until the potatoes are done and the surface is tanned golden brown.